The markets of the island of Oleron
Enjoy your vacations in camping on the Ile d'Oléron to do the market!
The Oleronian markets and their unique atmosphere
The traditional markets are animating all the villages of the island during the year, especially in summer. During the months of July and August, the stalls of producers meet every morning to offer you fresh seafood and make you discover the specialties of the Oleronese soil. The biggest market of the island is without any doubt the one of Château d'Oléron : it gives you an appointment around the covered markets, in the heart of the historical center. The sixty or so exhibitors indoors mixes the flavors of the sea, fresh fruit and vegetables, rotisseries, warm bread and pineau des Charentes. Outdoors, two hundred more colorful stalls reserve you a pleasant morning of shopping and strolling. During the day or in the evening, don't miss any of the island's markets during your stay at the Sables Vignier campsite : each one has its own unique ambiance and atmosphere!
List of markets on the island of Oleron
- Saint-Trojan market : the market takes place every day in summer and from Tuesday to Sunday during the other school vacations, place des Filles-de-la-Sagesse.
- The market of Château d'Oléron : every morning in season around Les Halles. Night markets are also organized on Friday on the port side and on Wednesday on the town side.
- The market of Grand-Village-Plage : traditional market every morning under the market halls, night market on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and producers' market on Wednesdays at the port of Les Salines.
- Dolus d'Oléron market : every day from mid-June to mid-September on the market square, as well as on Saturdays on Simone-Veil square; festive night market on Monday evenings.
- Market of Saint-Pierre d'Oléron : every morning from April on the place de l'Europe; market of creative craftsmen on the place Gambetta on Tuesdays in season; food market every morning from April to the end of August at the port of La Cotinière; fish market of La Victorine every morning and afternoon from 3:30 pm from April to November, and from Tuesday to Sunday from 4:30 pm out of season.
- Boyardville market : market place, every morning from April to September; night market every evening in July and August.
- Marché de Saint-Georges d'Oléron : under the covered market every morning in July and August and on Wednesdays, Fridays, weekends and public holidays from April to June; every morning in Chéray in season on the market square; every morning from April to September at Domino.
- La Brée-les-Pins market : every day from mid-June to mid-September, as well as during school vacations; Wednesdays, Fridays and weekends the rest of the year.
- Saint-Denis d'Oléron market : traditional market every morning in season, and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays in low season; designer night market on the port on Thursdays during the summer period.