Enjoy the comfort, the pool, the services, the nearby beach and a location in a superb wooded setting at camping des Sables Vignier Beaches. During your stay as a couple or with your family, you will easily reach Dolus-d'Oléron for a discovery full of colors and flavors typical of the island.
Towards the south of the island, we venture into the country of Marennes-Oléron. In Dolus-d'Oléron and around, the precious Fine de Claire dictates its law! And the very extensive area promises unforgettable walks between marshes, forests, vineyards, orchards and market gardens. You can swim with pleasure on its vast beaches and you can discreetly observe different species of birds in the heart of the marshes.
The commune gathers several old villages which jealously guard to preserve their authenticity as the Allards, the Riveau or the Bardières. You can immediately recognize the small port of La Baudissière by the traditional colorful cabins of the "mareyeurs" (fish merchants) also called "paysans de la mer" (sea farmers). Oyster farming is inscribed in the DNA of Dolus-d'Oléron and it would be a pity not to stop to taste some oysters.
In the center, one takes the time for a stroll between the fishermen's houses and it is good to have a gourmet break with some mussels and French fries served in a brewery or by entering a real Breton pancake shop. You can also enjoy Indian, organic and vegetarian cuisine, prepared with products straight from the vegetable garden, or settle down in a bar-snack under the arbors.
Top 5 visits to Dolus-d'Oléron
- The oyster road leads you to the heart of the channels where oyster farmers work and where some huts host artists' workshops.
- The aquatic center Iléo, recently installed at the exit of Dolus, offers water games in indoor and outdoor pools, a hair-raising pentagliss but also relaxing activities such as aquagym or balneo.
- The Saint-André church, with its unique Saintongeais bell tower on the Ile d'Oléron, reveals a turbulent past from the 14th century to the Revolution. Its classified gilded wooden altarpiece and a beautiful organ are worth a visit.
- The beach of Vertbois is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful in Dolus-d'Oléron. The national forest borders this long strip of fine sand with a wild character. At certain hours, it has an air of "end of the world".
- The beach of La Perroche is ideal for learning to sail or sail from a young age and discover the foreshore.