Very close to La Brée-les-Bains, the camping des Sables Vignier beach awaits you in the heart of a wooded area of 5 hectares, 300m from a beautiful beach between dunes and plane trees. Aquatic spaces, animations, playgrounds, grocery store and restaurant are at your disposal for a dream stay.
Discover La Brée-les-Bains
Quiet sandy beaches lined with cypress trees, arranged to suit swimmers and water sports enthusiasts. A small marina with a hundred boats and above all a rocky coastline where, at low tide, fishermen on foot love to pick winkles and clams. This is the first image that we retain of this small resort leaning against the salt marshes where the writer Pierre Loti spent his first vacations. As soon as we arrive, history remembers us thanks to the Moulin de La Fontaine, which is very well preserved despite its 500 years!
Along the narrow but luminous and colorful streets, we reach the gourmet market place which is held every morning in summer time.
The gastronomy counts in La Brée-les-Bains as shown by a wide range of places where one can appreciate the products of the local soil and more. You will have to choose between an oyster bar right in the center, a small brasserie in the heart of the village where you can enjoy traditional cuisine on a shady terrace and offer concerts in summer, a bistro offering take-away sales, a creperie-piano-bar with a view on the port, a pizzeria with a flowery terrace. Enjoy your meal!
Activities in La Brée-les-Bains
- The little train of Chassiron : it takes young and old, in the afternoon and evening, through the alleys of La Brée-les-Bains and to the foothills of the Chassiron lighthouse for guided walks or night shows.
- Le Moulin de la Fontaine : Erected in the 17th century, it will run until 1920 with the arrival of industrial flour mills. Preserved and bought back in 2012 by the commune which installed a miller there, it produces today a beautiful flour and tells you its history.
- Notre-Dame de l'Assomption: made of local shale and rocks, this church has a very "historical" charm for a 1958 construction!
- Salt marshes : pearl of the living heritage of the Ile d'Oléron, the Cristal du Saunier can be visited with interest from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Vignoble des Alletières : on nearly 90 hectares, the guarantors of Oleron's terroirs are a family of winegrowers who for four generations have been delighting you with delicious grape varieties.